Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Swiss Alps, Ireland and France

As my mother tells me over and over again, there are many people unhappy with my lack of posting. Well, sadly in hostels internet costs a couple euro for every few minutes, so I really dont have time to fully update here. Even now, we are in the small Swiss town of Lenk where we are buying groceries before we head back to the challet for the next few days, and I only have a little bit.

All in all, I am doing very well. To quickly sum up the last few weeks, we took a tour though the southern part of Ireland and saw several ancient monestaries, Galway, the Cliffs of Moher (also known as the Cliffs of Insanity if you have seen The Princess Bride), Kissed the Blarney Stone, explored Dublin and saw the land my family comes from.

After roughly four hours of sleep in the Dublin airport, we flew to Paris and spent two and a half days there, just enough to see the highlights of the city. Spent one day on a walking tour of everything important and old, saw the Eiffle tower and Arc de Triomph by night, and spent a whole day at the Louvre. Not to mention wandered the Paris Opera House, making all my 15 year old dreams come true and finally seeing where my favorite story takes place.

Spent a day and a half in the town of Lyon, which is very ancient and full of red roofs and Roman antiques. Climbed a lot of stairs, saw a lot of chruches and practiced my French, which is surprisingly passable. Then we took the trains through Gèneve to Zurich, spent the night and met my friend Megan and her Swiss boyfriend Yves. Came to his families house in the Alps, just outside of the last town on the train line, Lenk. We will be here 4 nights, hiking and recharging all the batteries before I head to Nice France to swim in the mediteranian for a few days.

As of tomorrow I fly home in a week. I am definatly getting worn out, but have enough energy to see everything, climb a few mountains and sit on the beach.

Sorry again for the lack of posting, hopefully I will do so again with more details soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment